On Friday morning, the many stars on the UFC 225 bill took to the scales to weigh in for the respective battles. For a moment, it looked as though UFC 225 would go down as one of the rare cards for which no fighters missed weight. Regrettably, the last fighter to weigh in, headliner Yoel Romero, missed weight by one pound, tipping the scales at 186.
Per the rules in Illinois, where the card is set to occur, Romero will now have two hours to lose this additional pound and reach the 185-pound limit for middleweight title fights.
It’s worth noting that Romero’s opponent, UFC middleweight champion Robert Whittaker, has stated previously that he will not take the fight if Romero misses weight.
Needless to say, our UFC 225 main event would appear to be in jeopardy. Stay tuned for further details as they emerge.
Here are the full UFC 225 weigh-in results (via MMAjunkie).
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Robert Whittaker (185) vs. Yoel Romero (186) – for middleweight title (Romero has two more hours to make weight)
- Colby Covington (169) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (169) – for interim welterweight title
- Megan Anderson (146) vs. Holly Holm (146)
- Andrei Arlovski (249) vs. Tai Tuivasa (261)
- Phil “CM Punk” Brooks (169) vs. Mike Jackson (170.5)
PRELIMIMARY CARD (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Curtis Blaydes (254) vs. Alistair Overeem (244)
- Carla Esparza (116) vs. Claudia Gadelha (116)
- Mirsad Bektic (146) vs. Ricardo Lamas (145)
- Rashad Coulter (247) vs. Chris De La Rocha (261)
PRELIMIMARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Rashad Evans (205) vs. Anthony Smith (206)
- Joseph Benavidez (125.5) vs. Sergio Pettis (126)
- Clay Guida (154) vs. Charles Oliveira (155)
- Dan Ige (146) vs. Mike Santiago (145)
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 6/8/2018.