Sage Northcutt, one of the UFC’s brightest young prospects, is scheduled for a return to the cage. The 21-year-old lightweight will be taking on Michel Quinones at UFC Fight Night 120 in Norfolk, Virginia this November 11.
This news was first reported by ESPN.
Northcutt will enter this fight having not competed since December of 2016, when he was tapped out in a welterweight bout with fellow prospect Mickey Gall. This loss was preceded by a decision win over Enrique Marín, a submission loss to Bryan Barberena, a submission win over Cody Pfister, and a TKO win over Francisco Trevino. Northcutt is 8-2 in sum.
Quinones, meanwhile, is also 8-2 overall. In his last fight, which was his UFC debut, he was TKO’d by Jared Gordon. This loss was preceded by five-straight wins outside the Octagon.
The UFC’s November 11 return to Norfolk will be headlined by a lightweight bout between former champ Anthony Pettis and long-time contender Dustin Poirier.
Other highlights of the card include a welterweight war between Diego Sanchez and Matt Brown, a bantamweight bout between former World Series of Fighting champ Marlon Moraes and two-time UFC flyweight title challenger John Dodson, a middleweight bout between Nate Marquardt and Cezar Ferreira, a lightweight scrap between Clay Guida and Joe Lauzon, and a heavyweight showdown between former champ Andrei Arlovski and Junior Albini.
Here’s the full card as it stands at the moment:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis
- Matt Brown vs. Diego Sanchez
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Junior Albini
- Marlon Moraes vs. John Dodson
- Angela Hill vs. Nina Ansaroff
- Sage Northcutt vs. Michel Quinones
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Matthew Lopez
- Joe Lauzon vs. Clay Guida
- Cezar Ferreira vs. Nate Marquardt
- Tatiana Suarez vs. Viviane Pereira
- Marcel Fortuna vs. Jake Collier
- Court McGee vs. Sean Strickland
- Karl Roberson vs. Darren Stewart
Do you think Sage Northcutt will return to winning ways opposite Michel Quinones? Join the debate in the comments section!
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 9/20/2017.