As soon as strength and conditioning coach Jose Garcia released a blurb on Instagram about Nate Diaz entering into his fight camp, the MMA world got set ablaze with wild speculation. However, sometimes reality can be stranger than fiction. Out of all the swirling rumors, it seems that none other than Tyron Woodley has emerged as a possible opponent for the returning Diaz brother. So far, despite confirming reports by our own Chris Taylor and Ariel Helwani, neither fighter has come right out and said something. That is, until now.
“If Nate [Diaz] wants to go UFC 219, I’m ready.” — Tyron Woodley told Brett Okamoto of ESPN.
— Tyron T-Wood Woodley (@TWooodley) November 15, 2017
There you have it, Woodley named names and both fighters are entering into their fight camp at the same time. As wild as it sounds, all fingers point to the match-up being the real deal. According to Brett Okamoto, the scrap would be for the UFC welterweight title. If Nate Diaz managed to win, no question the UFC would set up the trilogy fight for Conor McGregor for a chance he could earn three belts.
Tyron Woodley was waiting on the word to see how long his shoulder would keep him out. Meanwhile, practically every single welterweight was booked in fights. UFC 219 desperately needed a main event, especially as some fights fell off, so it looks like Woodley stepped up against Nate Diaz for them both to literally save the show. The last time Nate Diaz fought, he lost a close decision to McGregor at UFC 202 in the welterweight division. It drew the biggest pay-per-view buys in UFC history.
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 11/14/2017.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM