There were two new beasts rising up in the UFC’s heavyweight division and everyone wanted them to fight. That was, until Derrick Lewis lost to Mark Hunt and Francis Ngannou eradicated Andrei Arlovski in under two minutes. Such is the nature of the combat game, one of them is moving on while the other is stalled. Unfortunately for Ngannou, his next fight against Junior dos Santos at UFC 215 has been called off due to a potential violation of USADA‘s anti-doping regulations. He’s not moping around twiddling his huge thumbs though, he’s called out the one guy who is free that he believes a win over could get him a title shot: Alistair Overeem.
— Francis NGannou (@francis_ngannou) August 19, 2017
While not a bad card overall, consensus was that UFC 215’s quality was greatly diminished after dos Santos dropped off the card. Let’s hope that Francis Ngannou gets the fight replacement that he wants. Ngannou is a blessing to the heavyweight division. He’s undefeated in the UFC, all of his wins are by stoppage, and he’s only 30-years old. Oh yeah, not to mention that Ngannou fighting Overeem is a fight that guarantees absolute violence of the largest order. No matter how many rounds they give them, it’s not going the distance.
The latest UFC 215 card as of right now:
- Demetrious Johnson (c) vs. Ray Borg
- Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Valentina Shevchenko
- Gilbert Melendez vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Neil Magny
- Sara McMann vs. Ketlen Vieira
- Ilir Latifi vs. Tyson Pedro
- Henry Cejudo vs. Wilson Reis
- Rick Glenn vs. Gavin Tucker
- Arjan Bhullar vs. Luis Henrique
- Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Sarah Moras
- Kajan Johnson vs. Adriano Martins
- Mitch Clarke vs. Alex White
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 8/19/2017.