Aldo: ‘I’m going to run over McGregor’

August 7, 2015 6:58 am by Chris Taylor

Jose-Aldo-PNG

UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo was forced to pull out of last month’s UFC 189 event headliner opposite Conor McGregor because of a rib injury.

The longtime featherweight title holder spoke to Fox Sports at last weekend’s UFC 190 event in Brazil, where he discussed the difficult decision to pullout of UFC 189 and the backlash he received due to that decision:

“It was very difficult. It was a very important fight. There were many things involved. There were some days I would wake up saying, ‘I’m going to do it.’ Then there were some days I would wake up saying, ‘I’m not going to do it.’ It was a very important decision, but I think I took the right decision. Not really (upset at backlash). People can say whatever they want. When I’m not fighting, I don’t really pay attention to what people are saying. It’s just something I ignore.”

While not yet confirmed, it is expected that Aldo and McGregor will finally meet at December’s UFC 194 event in Arlington, Texas.

Aldo is excited to square off with McGregor, and says the Irishman will not know what ran him over after they finally meet inside the cage:

“When I’m with him inside the cage, I’m going to run him over,” Aldo said. “He’s not even going to see what went over him.”

How do you see this fight playing out? Sound off Penn Nation!

ALL ACCESS — Go Inside BJ Penn’s UFC Hall-Of-Fame Induction
[ooyala code=”w2aHFwdjr22EEGhgac8QJfRqzUOarSwy” player_id=”bd214e34cfad476984102de4bf5e8da2″ width=“640″ height=“360″ auto=”true”]

Tags: , ,

About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.