Kongo Releases Statement: “I am on very good terms with” the UFC

May 4, 2013 1:04 pm by bjpenn.com staff Leave your thoughts
kongo video

Earlier this week the UFC removed long-time heavyweight fighter Cheick Kongo from their fighter roster on UFC.com.

After seven-years with the promotion it appeared as if the French kick boxer had been released from his duties as a fighter for the promotion and the MMA world went into instant shock.

Later it would be revealed that Kongo turned down the UFC’s contract extension and left the promotion on his own terms following his last contracted bout against Roy Nelson at UFC 159.

Kongo took to Facebook.com yesterday to tell his side:

“Don’t believe he said- she said stories (translated from French). “I have not been cut by the UFC. I am Cheick Kongo so I know BEST what’s NEXT for me. It doesn’t mean that I am leaving the UFC, it doesn’t mean that I am staying, it means this is my LIFE.

“Do not believe what we tell you. I am in the best position to know what happened to my career in the UFC. AND do not worry. For the moment, be aware that in no case the UFC not dismissed me and I am on very good terms with the American organization.”

Tags: , , , ,

About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise wtih us

Please contact us for all advertising inquiries.
Download Media Kit