Josh Barnett Has No Plans To Compete At Metamoris Ever Again

September 16, 2015 7:41 pm by BJPENN.COM News

UFC heavyweight Josh Barnett made headlines earlier this week when he was said to be competing against Chael Sonnen at the next Metamoris event. Who said that? Sonnen himself.

Unfortunately, Barnett had no idea what he was talking about and said that he was not scheduled to go against Sonnen.

Now, Barnett’s manager is taking it even further and saying Barnett has no plans to ever compete at Metamoris again.

Here’s what his manager, Leland Lebarre, said:

“Josh has no plans to wrestle Chael at the upcoming Metamoris or any future plans to compete at Metamoris. Period.”

“Josh Barnett fights exclusively for the UFC and Mr. White, Mr. Fertitta and Mr. Silva. Anything ancillary is just that. Josh fights Roy Nelson in a week and a half.”

Barnett is the Metamoris heavyweight champion. Barnett vs.  Roy Nelson  will take place Sept. 26 in Saitama, Japan.

[source: MMAFighting]


About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.