By Evan Stoumbelis
At UFC 173 fight fans saw one of the biggest upsets in MMA history, with T.J. Dillashaw decimating Renan Barao for almost 5 straight rounds. Dillashaw dropped Barao in the first with an overhand right, and utilized excellent footwork to out strike Barao until the fifth, when he landed a head kick to knock Barao out. In the co-main event, fans saw Daniel Cormier put on an exceptional performance against MMA legend Dan Henderson and secure a third round submission win.
Below are the changes made to our rankings to reflect the outcomes of UFC 173’s bouts. As always, head on over to the rankings section of our site for a complete top 10 rankings ladder for each weight class.
T.J. Dillashaw moved up to #1 on the Bantamweight ladder with his win over Renan Barao to become the 135 pound champion.
Renan Barao dropped from #1 to #2 on the Bantamweight ladder after being knocked out by T.J. Dillashaw.
– As a result Urijah Faber dropped from #2 to #3
– As a result Michael McDonald dropped from #3 to #4
– As a result Eddie Wineland dropped from #4 to #5
– As a result Raphael Assuncao dropped from #5 to #6
– As a result Brad Pickett dropped from #6 to #7
Daniel Cormier held off at #3 on the lightheavyweight ladder with his submission win over Dan Henderson.
Dan Henderson held off at #8 on the lightheavyweight ladder despite losing to Daniel Cormier.
Robbie Lawler held off at #2 on the welterweight ladder with his win over Jake Ellenberger.
Jake Ellenberger dropped from #9 to #10 on the welterweight ladder.
– As a result The Korean Stun Gun Dong Hyun Kim moved up from #9 to #10.