It didn’t take long for the UFC to sell out the UFC Fight Night 89 event, which is the UFC’s debut in Ottawa, Canada. Over 10,000 tickets were sold. According to the UFC, the event “will be the largest arena show in TD Place history. It also marks the fastest sellout at The Arena at TD Place.”
The event is headlined by Canadian local Rory MacDonald (18-3) taking on fellow top welterweight contender Stephen Thompson (12-1). The winner of the bout could determine the next fighter in line to have a shot at the welterweight title.
“We couldn’t be happier with the reception we’ve received from Ottawa fans ahead of our debut card in Canada’s capital,” said Tom Wright, UFC Executive Vice-President and General Manager, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. “Ottawa deserves a stellar card and our athletes will deliver on fight night.”
The currently scheduled UFC Fight Night 89 card:
– Rory MacDonald (18-3) vs. Stephen Thompson (12-1) at welterweight.
– Donald Cerrone (29-7) vs. Patrick Cote (23-9) at welterweight.
– Steve Bosse (11-2) vs. Sean O’Connell (17-7) at light heavyweight.
– Elias Theodorou (11-1) vs. Sam Alvey (25-7 1NC) at middleweight.
– Jason Saggo (11-2) vs. Leandro Silva (19-2-1 1NC) at lightweight .
– Misha Cirkunov (11-2) vs. Ion Cutelaba (11-1) at light heavyweight.
– Olivier Aubin-Mercier (8-2) vs. Thibault Gouti (11-1) at lightweight.
– Tamdan McCrory (14-3) vs. Krzysztof Jotko (17-1) at middleweight.
– Alex Garcia (13-3,) vs. Colby Covington (8-1) at welterweight.
UFC Fight Night 89 will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1 in the United States, and on TSN 5 and RDS 2 in Canada.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM