Tomorrow night, the winners of The Ultimate Fighter 27 will be crowned, as Joe Giannetti battles Mike Trizano in the lightweight division, and Jay Cucciniello takes on Brad Katona at featherweight. This TUF 27 Finale card will be headlined by a middleweight bout between surging prospect Israel Adesanya, and established Hawaiian contender Brad Tavares.
On Thursday afternoon, Tavares, Adesanya, Gianneti, Trizano, Cucciniello, Katona and the 18 other fighters on the TUF 27 Finale bill took to the scales to weigh in for the respective battles.
For awhile, it looked as though every fighter on the bill would make weight — which would be a real rarity. Unfortunately, main card fighter Julian Marquez missed weight for his middleweight fight with Italy’s Alessio Di Chirico. Marquez tipped the scales at 190 pounds, four pounds above the 186-pound limit for non-title middleweight fights. He will be fined 30% of his purse for this weigh-in SNAFU. He will also reportedly have to weigh in below 210 pounds tomorrow.
— Tudor Leonte (@Tudor_leo) July 5, 2018
Here are the full TUF 27 Finale weigh-in results (via MMAjunkie).
The Main Card | 10:00 pm ET on FS1
- Brad Tavares (186) vs. Israel Adesanya (186)
- Joe Giannetti (155.5) vs. Mike Trizano (154.5) – “The Ultimate Fighter 27” lightweight tournament final
- Jay Cucciniello (145) vs. Brad Katona (145.5) – “The Ultimate Fighter 27” featherweight tournament final
- Martin Bravo (145.5) vs. Alex Caceres (146)
- Barb Honchak (125.5) vs. Roxanne Modafferi (125)
- Alessio Di Chirico (186) vs. Julian Marquez (190) – missed weight by four pounds
The Prelims | 8:00 pm ET on FS1
- Montana De La Rosa (125.5) vs. Rachael Ostovich (125.5)
- Luis Pena (154) vs. Richie Smullen (154.5)
- John Gunther (155.5) vs. Allan Zuniga (156)
- Tyler Diamond (146) vs. Bryce Mitchell (145)
The Early Prelims | 7:00 pm ET on UFC Fight Pass
- Matt Bessette (145.5) vs. Steven Peterson (146)
- Gerald Meerschaert (185) vs. Oskar Piechota (185.5)
Which bout on this exciting TUF 27 Finale card are you most excited for? Make your picks in the comments section below!
This article first appeared on BJPenn.com on 7/5/2018.This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM