Medical suspensions for UFC 188 are in. The UFC released the official list of suspension early today.
According to the list, new UFC champion Fabricio Werdum could face a total suspension of 180 days, if he doesn’t pass an MRI for his knee and thumb, along with a nasal x-ray.
Velasquez, who Werdum beat, got 45 days of no fighting and 30 days of no contact.
Check out the list below, other fighters not listed still received the 7 day rest period.
- Clay Collard: Upper lip laceration; Suspension 45 days no fight, 30 days no contact
- Alejandro Perez: L infraorbital laceration; Suspension 30 days no fight, 21 days no contact
- Henry Cejudo: Nasal laceration; Suspension 30 days no fight, 21 days no contact
- Cain Velasquez: L upper eyelid and R eyebrow; Suspension 45 days no fight, 30 days no contact
- Gabriel Benitez: 180 days or clear R wrist/knee and L thumb/foot by Ortho
- Francisco Trevino: 180 days or clear R knee by Ortho
- Fabricio Werbum: 180 days or clear MRI of R knee and R thumb and nasal x-ray
- Gilbert Melendez: 30 days no fight, 21 days no contact
- Eddie Alvarez: 180 days or clear by Ophthalmologist.
Chad Mendes Strips, Gets VanZant Flustered During Important Interview — WATCH!