A middleweight bout between former BAMMA champ Tom Watson (15-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Bulgarian fighter Stanislav Nedkov (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is the latest addition to February’s UFC on FUEL TV 7 card.
Watson made his UFC debut earlier this year at UFC on FUEL TV 5, where he suffered a close split-decision loss to Brad Tavares. Prior to the Tavares set-back, Watson had gone 11-1 in his past 12 contests, which included victories over John Maguire, Matt Horwich and Murilo “Ninja” Rua.
Watson now faces Nedkov, who has started his MMA career with 12 straight victories, including a TKO win over Luiz Cane in his octagon debut. The scheduled bout with Watson will mark the Bulgarian’s first fight at 185lbs, as he had previously competed in the UFC’s light heavyweight division. Nedkov most recently fought in November at UFC on FUEL TV: “Franklin vs. Le” where he took on dangerous slugger Thiago Silva. Silva ended up submitting Nedkov with an arm-traingle choke in the third round, however, the bout’s ruling was overturned to a no-contest after Silva tested positive for marijuana metabolites.
UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place on February 16 at Wembley Arena in London, England. The main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.
The UFC on FUEL TV 7 card now looks as follows:
- Renan Barao vs. Michael McDonald – Interim bantamweight title fight
- Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson
- Che Mills vs. Matthew Riddle
- Ryan Jimmo vs. James Te Huna
- Terry Etim vs. Renee Forte
- Stanislav Nedkov vs. Tom Watson
- Danny Castillo vs. Paul Sass
- Ulysses Gomez vs. Phil Harris
- Vaughan Lee vs. Motonobu Tezuka
- Josh Grispi vs. Andy Ogle
- Cyrille Diabate vs. Jimi Manuwa
- Justin Edwards vs. Gunnar Nelson