CM Punk may not have made his UFC debut yet, and may not even have a date or opponent for his first professional fight…but that didn’t stop the New York Times from ranking him on a list of fighters who could ‘fill the gap’ left after Ronda Rousey was knocked out by Holly Holm this past weekend at UFC 193.
Let’s take a look at this list of “10 U.F.C. Fighters Vying to Fill Gap Left by Ronda Rousey.”
10. Donald Cerrone
9. Demetrious Johnson – UFC flyweight champion
8. CM Punk
7. Anderson Silva – Former middleweight champion and P4P king
6. Chris Weidman – UFC middleweight champion
5. Holly Holm – UFC women’s bantamweight champion
4. Jose Aldo – UFC featherweight champion
3. Conor McGregor – UFC interim featherweight champion
2. Jon Jones – Former UFC light heavyweight champion and P4P king
1. Ronda Rousey
Among a list of UFC champions and top ranked fighters we have former WWE champion CM Punk, who has never had an MMA fight, ranked above Demetrious Johnson. No pressure right?
And yes, Ronda Rousey was ranked as the #1 fighter vying for a chance to fill the gap left by herself.
What are your thoughts on the list?This article appeared first on BJPENN.COM