May’s “UFC Fight Night 40” event in Cincinnati finally has a headlining bout, as UFC officials announced today that welterweight contenders Matt Brown and Erick Silva will face off in the evenings main event.
Matt Brown returns to the octagon following a back injury that has kept him out of action for the past 6 months. Prior to the injury, Brown had put together an impressive 6-fight win streak, which included victories over Jordan Mein, Mike Swick, Steven Thompson, and most recently Mike Pyle.
The Ohio Native will have the opportunity to stretch his win streak to seven when he takes on the always dangerous Erick Silva this May in the Buckeye State.
Meanwhile, Erick Silva was most recently seen at February’s “UFC Fight Night 36” event where he earned a first-round KO victory over Takenori Sato. Since joining the UFC in August of 2011, Silva has alternated between wins and losses, leaving him with an octagon record of 4-3. The Brazilian will be looking to put together his first UFC win streak when he faces “The Immortal” this May.
The ‘UFC Fight Night 40’ event takes place May 10 live from Cincinnati’s U.S. Bank Arena. The main card is set to air on FOX Sports 1, following the prelims which show on UFC Fight Pass.
The ‘UFC Fight Night 40’ event in Cincinnati now includes the following bouts:
- Matt Brown vs. Erick Silva
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Erik Koch
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Eddie Wineland
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Constantinos Philippou
- Justin Salas vs. Ben Wall
- Ed Herman vs. Rafael Natal
- Soa Palelei vs. Ruan Potts
- Manny Gamburyan vs. Nik Lentz
- Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Darrell Montague
- Chris Cariaso vs. Louis Smolka
- Yan Cabral vs. Alexander Yakovlev
Who do you have winning this key welterweight match-up? Let’s hear it Penn Nation!