By Evan Stoumbelis
Last Saturday fans saw a somewhat lackluster night of fights at UFC 169 where 10 of the 12 fights went to a judges decision, and one of the two knockouts was rather controversial.
Alistair Overeem got a much needed win over Frank Mir. Jose Aldo defeated Ricardo Lamas by decision, and Renan Barao defeated Urijah Faber via controversial TKO.
Head on over to the rankings section of our site for complete top 10 rankings of every weight class.
Ali Bagautinov cracked the bantamweight top 10 and landed at #6 with his win over John Lineker.
John Lineker dropped from #6 to #7 after losing to Bagautinov.
– As a result Jussier De Silva dropped to #8.
– Chris Cariaso dropped to #9.
– Louis Gaudinot dropped to #10.
Alistair Overeem earned his way into the heavyweight’s top 10 and landed at #9 with his win over Frank Mir.
– As a result Antonio Nogueira dropped to #10.
Ricardo Lamas dropped from #2 to #3 on the featherweight ladder after his decision loss to Jose Aldo.
– As a result Chad Mendes moved up to #2 and is now the featherweight #1 contender.
Urijah Faber held off at #2 on the bantamweight ladder after losing a controversial TKO loss to Renan Barao.