Yamamoto vs. Page Removed from UFC 135
In what has become almost a daily injury report, the latest card to receive a shift in roster is September’s UFC 135.
Bantamweights Norifumi Yamamoto and Damacio Page who were expected to face off on the evenings preliminary portion of the card have been forced to withdraw due to injuries.
“UFC 135: Jones vs. Rampage” is set to take place on September 24 live on pay-per-view from Denver’s Pepsi Center. The card features a light-heavyweight title fight in its main event between champion, Jon Jones and challenger “Rampage” Jackson.
No word on the extent of the injuries or when they will return to action was given at the time of this report.
The latest UFC 135 card now includes:
MAIN CARD: (Pay-per-view)
• Champ Jon Jones vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (for light-heavyweight title)
• Matt Hughes vs. Diego Sanchez
• Rob Broughton vs. Travis Browne
• Nate Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi
• Mark Hunt vs. Ben Rothwell
PRELIMINARY CARD: (Spike TV)
• Tim Boetsch vs. Nick Ring
• Aaron Riley vs. Tony Ferguson
• Ricardo Romero vs. James Te Huna
• Cole Escovedo vs. Takeya Mizugaki
• Junior Assuncao vs. Eddie Yagin