BJPENN COM

MMA News

Monday, 11/11/2013, 10:43 am

White Offers Diaz UFC Fight – Says Nick Is ‘Still Retired’

Dana White answered a plethora of questions following UFC Fight Night 32 on Fox Sports 1.

And while the majority of those questions revolved around Vitor Belfort’s win over Dan Henderson (the first KO loss of Henderson’s career), one reporter went a bit off-topic and queried Mr. White on the whereabouts of “The Stockton Bad Boy”, Nick Diaz. The typically curt, candid and blunt Dana White was… well, curt, candid and blunt:

I offered Nick Diaz a fight last week and his manager called me back, saying he’s retired.”

It remains to be seen, of course, whether or not Diaz is really retired for good or if he’s just waiting for the right opponent (or the right payday) to come along. Diaz originally retired following his loss to welterweight kingpin Georges St-Pierre in March, but also said he would like to rematch “GSP”, or square off with the then-current middleweight champion, Anderson Silva. He’s also willing to don the 4 ounce gloves for a measly $3-$5 per PPV unit sold – a deal which is usually reserved for top fighters with proven draws at the box office.

If these are the only stipulations that can lure the current fight promoter of Stockton’s “WAR MMA” out of retirement, then it might be quite a long time before we see the elder Diaz in the Octagon again. In the meantime, his younger brother Nate will have to do… that is, unless he ends up attending his high school reunion instead.

… yeah.

Stay tuned to BJPenn.com for more Diaz family updates.

(Image via Las Vegas News)

comments