-->
BJPENN COM

MMA News

Monday, 11/25/2013, 09:09 am

Vitor Belfort expects to fight for the title in Brazil

By Evan Stoumbelis

Vitor Belfort has been on a series of wins recently, going 5-1 since his KO loss to Anderson Silva in 2011 at UFC 126. His only loss since then coming from Jon Jones at UFC 152.

In 2013 he defeated Michael Bisping, Luke Rockhold, and most recently Dan Henderson. All 3 of his 2013 victories came from head kick knockouts, making him the first UFC fighter to win 3 fights in a row via head kick. With these recent victories many fans expect Belfort to get a shot at the winner of Weidman vs. Silva 2, including Belfort himself.

“I’m just waiting for the winner (of Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva 2 at UFC 168), I don’t create expectations because I can get frustrated in the end. I’ve earned my shot at the title and I will fight whoever wins this fight. I just want to get in there and hear them say ‘the new middleweight champion’. I have a goal. I will defeat the champion and get the title. This fight will be in a soccer stadium,” he said. “Whoever wins, I’m sure we can sell out Maracana or any other soccer stadium in Brazil. It would be really interesting. I know the UFC will come up with the best idea. They are really focused in Brazil right now. Globo is offering great fights for the Brazilians. I just want to enjoy my training. I will train focused on both, and focused on working my abilities.”

(quote via MMAFighting.com)

comments

2 Comments to Vitor Belfort expects to fight for the title in Brazil

  1. drew says:

    VITOR BELFORT FIGHT IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

  2. GRT 3000 says:

    make it happen!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>