BJPENN COM

MMA News

Sunday, 06/10/2012, 10:21 am

Paul Daley No Longer Employed By ZUFFA, Released From Strikeforce | MMA NEWS


Wad Alameddine of Fight Management confirmed Strikeforce has released former welterweight title challenger Paul Daley via press release.

In the statement Daley says the split from the organization is due to his inability to fight frequently with Strikeforce.

“I’m happy that Strikeforce has granted my request to be released from their roster as I found it difficult to fight so infrequently,” the British striker stated. “My whole career I’ve wanted to fight as often as possible as it keeps me in the best form and condition.

“I felt that I put on nothing but entertaining fights while at the organization. The KOs of (Duane) Ludwig and Scott Smith were some great memories for me, as well as the back-and-forth fight of the year I had with Nick Diaz. My manager has already started speaking to some promotions about my future today following the official release papers from Strikeforce, and I’m looking forward to the next part in my journey.”

Daley (29-12-2 MMA, 2-3 SF), who most recently suffered a March loss to Kazuo Misaki via split decision, is pursuing options with other fight promotions.

Alameddine is disappointed to see the former welterweight contender go .

“I am personally disappointed to see Paul leave Strikeforce,” he stated. “He’s without question one of the most charismatic personalities and talented MMA athletes to come out of the U.K. We have parted ways with Strikeforce on good terms.”

I personally saw the Nick Diaz vs Daley title fight in San Diego, Calif.

Shaky cage antics aside, he brings the fight every time to his opponent in an exciting fashion.

I’m sad to hear I won’t be seeing any slug fests out of Daley in the Zuffa spotlight in the near future.

comments

3 Comments to Paul Daley No Longer Employed By ZUFFA, Released From Strikeforce | MMA NEWS

  1. RGVD says:

    wont miss him one bit.

  2. mike says:

    I lost any and all respect after his last fight. He clearly lost, and acted like he had been robbed after the decision.

  3. Graham Hynes says:

    Missed semtexs last fight but think the hunger has gone from him

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>