UFC on Versus 6 Prelims: Bloodworth in for injured Houghland against Easton
It’s not an MMA event if there aren’t fighters getting knocked off the card due to injuries suffered in training.
The latest of which is bantamweight fighter, Jeff Houghland, who has been forced to withdraw from his scheduled appearance on this weekend’s UFC card due to an undisclosed injury suffered in training.
In his place comes promotional newcomer Byron Bloodworth.
The UFC made the announcement via twitter this afternoon.
Bloodworth made his pro-MMA debut three-years ago and brings into the fight a three-bout win streak. The UFC newcomer puts his 6-1 record on the line in a fight that he has been given just a few days to prepare for.
His opponent, Mike Easton hasn’t seen action in two-years. After a string of injuries sidelined the Dominick Cruz training partner he now prepares to make his UFC debut after opening his career with a solid 10-1 professional record.
The show which features a bantamweight title fight between champion, Dominick Cruz and challenger, Demetrious Johnson is set to take place on Oct. 1 from the Verizon Center in our nation’s capitol of Washington D.C.
The latest UFC on Versus 6 card now includes:
MAIN CARD: (Versus)
• Champ Dominick Cruz vs. Demetrious Johnson (for bantamweight title)
• Pat Barry vs. Stefan Struve
• Charlie Brenneman vs. Anthony Johnson
• Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
• Yves Edwards vs. Rafaello Oliveira
• Michael Johnson vs. Paul Sass
• Byron Bloodworth vs. Mike Easton
• T.J. Grant vs. Shane Roller
• Josh Neer vs. Keith Wisniewski
• Joseph Sandoval vs. Walel Watson
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.