UFC NEWS – UFC Signs Heavyweight Standout Ednaldo Oliveira, Expected To Debut At UFC 142
Training partner to the champ, Ednaldo Oliveira has been signed to the UFC and the 6-foot-7 giant is expected to make his debut at UFC 142 this upcoming January.
UFC 142 is expected to go down on Jan. 14 from Rio de Janeiro’s HSBC Arena. However, the event itself has yet to be officially announced by the UFC. Booked in what is expected to the main event is a featherweight title fight between Jose Aldo and Chad Mendes.
With a pro MMA record of 13-0-1 the heavy handed Brazilian is hoping to make an immediate impact in the UFC’s heavyweight division. Having been a longtime stable mate to new champion, Junior Dos Santos, his team of coaches and training partners are confident the UFC’s latest acquisition will be able to ascend through the rankings. Eight of his 13 wins have come via knockout and his last five victories have all come in 2011.
The latest UFC 142 card now includes:
• Champ Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes (for featherweight title)
• Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson
• Sam Stout vs. Thiago Tavares
• Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
• Fabio Maldonado vs. Stanislav Nedkov
• Mike Massenzio vs. Rousimar Palhares
• Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Erick Silva
• Ednaldo Oliveira vs. TBA