BJPENN COM

MMA News

Monday, 12/26/2011, 06:12 pm

UFC NEWS – UFC on FOX 2 Loses Two Bouts Due To Injury


The never ending list of injured fighters has grown yet again, this time attacking the UFC’s return to FOX TV in January.

Paul Sass, who was originally scheduled to face Evan Dunham, has been forced off the card due to an undisclosed injury presumably suffered while training and Eddie Wineland is out of his fight with Johnny Bedford for the same reason.

UFC officials announced the news late Monday evening.

Up on short notice against Dunham will be the always tough Nik Lentz and Bedford, who was originally a replacement for “Mighty Mouse” Johnson (now scheduled for the flyweight tournament) is currently left without an opponent, but the UFC insists a replacement search is underway.

UFC on FOX 2 is set to go down from Chicago’s United Center on January 28 live on FOX TV.

In the main event, Phil Davis will square off with Rashad Evans for the number one contender seat in the UFC’s light-heavyweight division ruled over by Jon Jones. The co-feature of the evening is a middleweight number one contender bout between Mark Munoz and Chael Sonnen. Also featured on the card is a middleweight bout with serious title implications between Michael Bisping and Damian Maia.

While Bedford may be waiting for his opponent, at least one of the two matches has been salvaged and is set to go down on the evenings undercard.

Evan Dunham vs. Nik Lentz is set and the fighters have agreed to face off on the 28th of January in Chicago.

Dunham was last seen at UFC Fight Night 24 in a calculated performance where he was able to outpoint Shamar Bailey and earn a unanimous decision victory. The win over Bailey was greatly needed after the former top-contender took defeat in two consecutive bouts to Sean Sherk and Melvin Guillard.

Lentz dropped his last outing earlier this month at UFC 140 when he stepped in the cage against Mark Boceck and got out-pointed to a decision. Prior to the defeat he was officially undefeated in seven UFC contests, however out of those seven; one resulted in a draw and one a no-contest.

Click here for the latest UFC on FOX 2 coverage provided by BJPENN.COM

comments

7 Comments to UFC NEWS – UFC on FOX 2 Loses Two Bouts Due To Injury

  1. Geraldo says:

    thank god…. afraid one of the main events was cancelled

  2. hi kids says:

    no1 cares lol
    top 3 is wht counts

  3. Dillon says:

    I think Lentz will loose his second in a row. Not a good move

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>