UFC NEWS – Caio Magalhaes In For Nedkov Against Maldonado At UFC 142
In the last minute reshuffling of UFC 142, the UFC has etched their final “replacement” contract for their return trip to Brazil.
UFC newcomer Caio Magalhaes will fill the final void on UFC 142 left by Staslov Nedkov and face Fabio Maldonado next month.
UFC 142 is set to go down on Jan. 14 from Rio de Janeiro’s HSBC Arena. In the main event is a featherweight title fight between Jose Aldo and Chad Mendes.
Newcomer Magalhaes is an undefeated prospect hailing from Brazil. Another import from Brazil’s Nova Uniao Academy, the two year pro-fighter was last seen earlier this month at Shooto Brazil 27 where he outpointed Ismael ds Jesus to earn a split-decision victory.
His opponent, Maldonado who was originally scheduled to face Nedkov on the night was last seen at The Ultimate Fighter season 13 Finale in a losing effort to Kyle Kingsbury. The loss snapped his 11-fight win streak.
The bout will be featured on FOX broadcasting partner, FX.
The full UFC 142 card now includes:
MAIN CARD: (Pay-per-view)
• Champ Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes (for featherweight title)
• Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson
• Mike Massenzio vs. Rousimar Palhares
• Carlo Prater vs. Erick Silva
• Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
PRELIMINARY CARD: (FX)
• Sam Stout vs. Thiago Tavares
• Ricardo Funch vs. Mike Pyle
• Caio Magalhaes vs. Fabio Maldonado
• Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ednaldo Oliveira
• Felipe Arantes vs. Antonio “Pato” Carvalho
• Yuri Alcantara vs. Michihiro Omigawa
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.