BJPENN COM

MMA News

Thursday, 01/12/2012, 09:43 am

UFC NEWS – “Brock Lesnar Is Done” Says UFC President


[box_light]“I think Brock’s done. The conversations I’ve had with Brock Lesnar since that fight, all indications point to it’s over. This isn’t baseball man, half in, half out, you can go out and party the night before and then play a game. These guys have to be 100-percent into this mentally, physically, emotionally… Here’s what Brock said to me, he said ‘I’ll tell you what after my surgery from diverticulitis, this last surgery I had, I have never felt so good in my life’. He said ‘I’ve had the best camp I’ve ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it’s time for me to retire’.”[/box_light]

UFC president Dana White told Jim Rome that he believes Brock Lesnar’s recent retirement announcement is legit and that the former heavyweight champion will more than likely not be returning to Mixed Martial Arts.

Often times after a disappointing performance fighter’s with nothing more to prove announce retirement in the cage when Joe Rogan goes in for the post-fight reaction. However, often times it’s these same fighters who do eventually return to action once emotions settle in and they realize they still have that burning desire to compete.

It would appear, and should come as no surprise that Brock Lesnar does not fall into this category. The Man was destroyed in his last two professional fights by better fighters who were able to expose his weakness in the striking department.

As a result, he announced his retirement in the cage following last month’s UFC 141 defeat to Alistair Overeem and Dana White believes the retirement announcement is legit, so do I.

Click here for the latest UFC coverage provided by BJPENN.COM
SHOP BJ PENNUFC GYM HAWAII

comments


Latest News