‘UFC Fight Night 40′ lineup complete with 13 bouts
The UFC returns to Cincinnati this May for “UFC Fight Night 40,” a 13-bout event headlined by a welterweight fight featuring Matt “The Immortal” Brown (18-11 MMA, 11-5 UFC) taking on Erick Silva (16-4 MMA, 4-3 UFC).
The event marks theÂ UFCâ€™s first in the city since ‘UFC 77′ back in 2007, whenÂ hometown heroÂ Rich Franklin failed in his bid to reclaim the middleweight title from then-champ Anderson Silva.
Matt Brown returns to the octagon following a back injury that has kept him out of action for the past 6 months. Prior to the injury, Brown had put together an impressive 6-fight win streak, which included victories over Jordan Mein, Mike Swick, Steven Thompson, and most recently Mike Pyle.
The Ohio Native willÂ have theÂ opportunity to stretch his win streak to sevenÂ when he takes on the always dangerous Erick Silva this May in the Buckeye State.
Meanwhile, Erick SilvaÂ was mostÂ recently seen at February’s “UFC Fight Night 36″ event where he earned aÂ first-round KO victory over Takenori Sato. Since joining the UFC in August of 2011, Silva has alternated between wins and losses, leaving him with anÂ octagon recordÂ of 4-3. Â The Brazilian will be looking to put together his first UFC win streak when he faces “The Immortal” this May.
The ‘UFC Fight Night 40′ eventÂ takes place May 10Â live fromÂ Cincinnatiâ€™s U.S. Bank Arena. The main card isÂ set to air on FOX Sports 1, following the prelims which show on UFC Fight Pass.
The official UFC Fight Night 40Â card is as follows:
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET)
- Matt Brown vs. Erick Silva
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Constantinos Philippou
- Daron Cruickshank vs. Erik Koch
- William Macario vs. Neil Magny
- Soa Palelei vs. Ruan Potts
- Chris Cariaso vs. Louis Smolka
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Ed Herman vs. Rafael Natal
- Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Darrell Montague
- Yan Cabral vs. Alexander Yakovlev
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Eddie Wineland
PRELIMINARY CARD (Preliminary card, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Manny Gamburyan vs. Nik Lentz
- Justin Salas vs. Ben Wall
- Anthony Lapsley vs. Albert Tumenov