UFC 176: Mendes vs. Aldo Cancelled

July 8, 2014 7:07 pm Leave your thoughts
176 poster header

UFC 176: Mendes vs. Aldo II has been cancelled after Jose Aldo withdrew from the fight with a neck and shoulder injury. The bout was scheduled to take place August 2nd at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The UFC said all of the fights that had been scheduled for the event would be shifted to other cards, and that all announced PPV shows after 176 would still have the same number. (ie UFC 177 would NOT become UFC 176).

Refunds will be offered through AXS.com or through the Staples Center box office.

The rematch between Aldo and Mendes will be pushed to a later date, once Aldo is recovered. UFC President Dana White said this past weekend that Aldo will only be out for 45 days.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise wtih us

Please contact us for all advertising inquiries.
Download Media Kit