UFC 161 Fight Night Bonus Winners: Krause Earns $100,000, Stout and Jordan Nab $50,000 in Bonuses
| UFC 161 concluded tonight and the night was packed with explosive, exciting fights. In the main event Rashad Evans stole a split-decision victory over Dan Henderson and Stipe Miocic put in a stellar performance in the co-main event to pull off an amazing upset over “Big Country” Roy Nelson. The event took place in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and played host to a sell-out crowd at the MTS Centre. The night of fights, although most of the fights went to a decision, were very entertaining and gave the fans a great show.
The post-fight press conference, which can be viewed in its entirety here, took place immediately following the fights. Here are some of the highlights from that presser:
- Dana White announced that the attendance at the MTS Centre on Saturday night for UFC 161 was 14,754
- White also announced that the Gate was $3.15 Million, which broke the previous record for venue in Canada.
- Sam Stout vs. James Krause Won “Fight of the Night” Honors. Both men earned $50,000 for the award.
- James Krause also won “Submission of the Night” honors for his submission of Sam Stout. He earned an additional $50,000 for a total of $100,000 in bonus money earned on the night for Mr. Krause.
- Shawn Jordan won “Knock-out of the Night” honors for his first round TKO of Pat Barry. He earned a $50,000 bonus.
- James Krause’s submission of Sam Stout at 4:47 of the third round ranks the second latest submission in a three round UFC bout in company history.
- Roy Nelson set a company record in his loss to Stipe Miocic: 437 significant strikes absorbed over his career with with the company, most in UFC history without being KOed.