UFC 154 main card finalized with 5 PPV bouts | UFC News
By: Chris Taylor
The UFC 154 event in Montreal is headlined by a title-unification bout between welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) and interim titleholder Carlos Condit (28-5 MMA, 5-1 UFC).
The fight will be St-Pierre’s first octagon appearance in 19 months, as he was sidelined due to a knee injury. The long time welterweight champion has won nine straight fights, while posting six consecutive title defenses over the likes of Jon Fitch, B.J. Penn and Josh Koscheck.
The former WEC champion, Condit, who won the interim belt with a February win over Nick Diaz at UFC 143, has reeled off five straight victories and has won 13 of his past 14, with his lone defeat coming at the hands of Martin Kampmann.
The co-main event of the evening is a No. 1 contender’s bout featuring welterweights Johny Hendricks (13-1 MMA, 8-1 UFC) and Martin Kampmann (20-5 MMA, 11-4 UFC). The winner of the contest is expected to face the winner of the GSP vs. Condit fight in early 2013.
UFC 154 takes place November 17th at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. In addition to the PPV main card, FX and Facebook are expected to carry the prelims.
The full UFC 154 fight card looks as follows:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. interim champ Carlos Condit (UFC welterweight title unification bout)
- Johny Hendricks vs. Martin Kampmann (#1 Contender bout)
- Tom Lawlor vs. Francis Carmont
- Cyrille Diabate vs. Chad Griggs
- Mark Hominick vs. Pablo Garza
- Mark Bocek vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Patrick Cote vs. Alessio Sakara
- John Makdessi vs. Sam Stout
- Antonio Carvalho vs. Rodrigo Damm
- Azamat Gashimov vs. Ivan Menjivar
- Stephen Thompson vs. Besam Yousef
7 Responses to “UFC 154 main card finalized with 5 PPV bouts | UFC News”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.