UFC 138 Attendance Figures and Bonus Winners
“UFC 138: Munoz vs. Leben” went down tonight at the LG Arena at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham England. The Spike TV card aired stateside via tape-delay and featured a main event between middleweights, Mark Munoz and Chris Leben in the UFC’s first ever 5-round non-title fight.
While the main event was scheduled for a full twenty-five minutes it took Mark Munoz just ten to force the corner of Leben to halt the action due to a vicious cut above that eye that left Chris unable to see.
The judges had an easy man card to handle, as all of the evenings main card fights ended at the hands of the fighters in the cage and as such, the UFC handed out $70,000 bonus amounts.
Che Mills earned the night’s “Knockout of the Night” award, Terry Etim picked up the “Submission of the Night” bonus and that leaves Barao and Pickett as the evenings “Fight of the Night” recipients.
As mentioned earlier this week, officials from the LG Arena in Birmingham, England announced that UFC 138 broke all love gate records previously held in the Arena’s 20 year history. The official attendance according to UFC officials at the post-fight press conference was marked at 10,823 attendees for a total gate of $1.5 million.
The full results for the evening’s card are as follows:
• Mark Munoz def. Chris Leben via TKO (corner’s stoppage) – Round 2, 5:00
• Renan Barao def. Brad Pickett via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:09*Fight of the night
• Thiago Alves def. Papy Abedi via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:32
• Anthony Perosh def. Cyrille Diabate via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 3:09
• Terry Etim def. Edward Faaloloto via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:17*Submission of the night
• John Maguire def. Justin Edwards via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
• Philip De Fries def. Rob Broughton via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
• Michihiro Omigawa def. Jason Young via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
• Che Mills def. Chris Cope via TKO (knee) – Round 1, 0:40*Knockout of the night
• Chris Cariaso def. Vaughan Lee via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)