UFC 136: Herman vs. Russow Scratched, Phan vs. Garcia II Promoted To Main Card
The injury bug has taken out Dave “Pee Wee” Herman and forced him out of his scheduled bout with Mike Russow at UFC 136.
Instead of keeping Russow on the televised portion of the card the UFC has opted to promote a rematch between Nam Phan and Leonard Garcia in their place.
“UFC 138: Munoz vs. Leben” goes down at the LG Arena at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham England. The Spike TV card will feature a main event between middleweights, Mark Munoz and Chris Leben in the UFC’s first ever 5-round non-title fight.
Phan was originally scheduled against Grice as a replacement opponent for the injured Josh Grispi. He was last seen in action at this past weekend’s 133 event in his second straight Octagon loss to former divisional champion, Mike Brown. Phan has now dropped four of his last five fights, including a controversial split decision loss to Leonard Garcia back in December.
Garcia has had a little bit better success than his newly announced opponent, but not much. The New Mexico native has only won three of his last eight fights and was last seen getting “twisted” by the Korean Zombie at “UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Davis” back in March of this year.
The latest UFC 136 card now includes:
MAIN CARD: (Pay-per-view)
• Champ Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard (for lightweight title)
• Champ Jose Aldo vs. Kenny Florian (for featherweight title)
• Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann
• Melvin Guillard vs. Joe Lauzon
• Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan
PRELIMINARY CARD: (Spike TV)
• Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago
• Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens
• Joey Beltran vs. Stipe Miocic
• Darren Elkins vs. Tiequan Zhang
• Eric Schafer vs. Aaron Simpson
• Steve Cantwell vs. Mike Massenzio