The Ultimate Fighter Live on FX Results & Recap
To start this season’s 2.5 hour debut on FX Dana White and Jon Anik did their due diligence to educate the new audience on FX with a brief summary of what people watching at home can expect out of the show.
In a surprise turn of events UFC president Dana White told the 32 fighters selected to start off this season that their elimination bouts will only be one-round.
The five most important minutes of their lives and if they can finish their opponent in the allotted time they are awarded a $5,000.00 bonus.
So that’s it, outside of the live format, the one-round elimination bout and the $5,000 finishing bonus it was business as usual.
32 fighters entered the cage tonight but only 16 will move into the house and secure a spot on the seasons cast.
Here is a list of the evening’s results and your new Ultimate Fighter Live on FX cast members:
- Joe Proctor def. Jordan Rinaldi via submission (guillotine choke), Round 1, 2:08
- Cristiano Marcello def. Jared Carlsten via submission (rear naked choke), Round 1, 2:43
- Sam Sicilia def. Erin Beach via knockout, Round 1, 0:08
- Chris Tickle def. Austin Lyons via knockout, Round 1, 0:24
- Andy Ogle def. Brendan Weafer via unanimous decision (10-9)
- Vinc Pichel def. Cody Pfister via submission (rear naked choke), Round 1, 3:39
- John Cofer def. Mark Glover via unanimous decision (10-9)
- Chris Saunders def. Chris Hacket via unanimous decision (10-9)
- James Vick def. Dakota Cochrane via split decision (10-9, 10-9, 10-9)
- Michael Chiesa def. Johnavan Vistante submission (rear naked choke), Round 1, 2:05
- Mike Rio def. Ali Maclean via submission (rear naked choke), Round 1, 3:32
- Justin Lawrence def. James Krause via TKO (Insane striking assault), Round 1, 1:25
- Daron Cruickshank def. Drew Dober via unanimous decision (10-9)
- Jeremy Larsen def. Jeff Smith via unanimous decision (10-9)
- Al Iaquinta def. Jon Tuck via unanimous decision (10-9)
- Myles Jury def. Akbarh Arreola via unanimous decision (10-9)
The fighters who made it into the house are as follows:
Team Selections will be completed next week.
About the Author
UFC bantamweight fighter and self-proclaimed connoisseur of awesome fight stories, Urijah Faber, gives us another…
Junior dos Santos, after facing his second defeat at the hands of UFC heavyweight champ…
Top-ranked UFC middleweight contender Vitor Belfort has long been at the top of the sport,…
UFC lightweight fighters John Makdessi and Alan Patrick are set to fight at UFC 169,…
UFC lightweight fighter Joe Lauzon returns to the Octagon Saturday, leading off the UFC on…
Erick Silva will get a chance to bounce back from his devastating (and shocking) knockout…
Brad Pickett (23-8 MMA, 3-3 UFC) is moving from bantamweight to flyweight for a bout…
All fighters that participated in UFC Fight Night 30 that took place at the Phones…
It’s a strange thing, finding out that someone who you don’t know personally, but know…