Archive: Carlos Condit

Dec 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Report: Kelvin Gastelum Cleared to Fight, Wanted Condit, Will Take Story

Kelvin Gastelum, winner of The Ultimate Fighter 17, was forced out of a bout at UFC on FOX 9 with a knee injury.  It is reported that he is now cleared to fight, and while Gastelum originally wanted to face Carlos Condit, he says that he’ll take Rick Story.   By Christopher Murphy @MurphMMA The...

Dec 19, 2013 12:15 pm

BJPENN.COM Quick Hits: Is Georges St. Pierre the Greatest Champion of All Time?

The crew here at BJPENN.COM is back to bring you another edition of ‘Quick Hits’ whether you like it or not. ‘Quick Hits’ made its debut last week and it brought the idea of an MMA themed ‘Pardon the Interruption’ to life. It may be text based and we may not have Tony Reali correcting...

Dec 18, 2013 9:43 am

QUICK TWITT | Matt Brown: ‘I’ll Be Ready For Anyone The UFC Gives Me’

Matt Brown was supposed to return to the cage last weekend against Carlos Condit at UFC on FOX 9 in Sacramento. A last-minute injury forced him off the card and out of a potential fight against the former UFC and WEC belt holder. After over a week of silence, Brown took to twitter to address...

Dec 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Condit vs. Woodley Set For UFC 171

Just a few minutes ago, twitter burst alive with the news that Tyron Woodley would be named as the next opponent for Carlos Condit for UFC 171. The official UFC twitter account posted up side-by-side pictures of the two fighters, thanking Woodley’s “multiple texts” as the reason for the decision Tuesday evening. The UFC 171...

Dec 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Georges St. Pierre Removed From UFC Official Rankings

After deciding to relinquish his title and walk away from the sport, Georges St. Pierre has now been removed from the UFC’s official rankings. The reason for this is that fighters who are retired are not eligible to be ranked. Ronda Rousey, who was previously unranked, has now been ranked number 10 in the pound-for-pound...

Dec 17, 2013 7:17 am

Firas Zahabi: GSP Had Mixed Feelings About Future Before Carlos Condit Fight

Although only making a definitive decision this past week, it seems Georges St. Pierre had thoughts of retirement dating back more than a year ago. Firas Zahabi, St. Pierre’s coach out of Tristar gym, went on Ariel Helwani’s “The MMA Hour” to discuss St. Pierre’s mindset this last year. “I think before the [Johny] Hendricks...

Dec 16, 2013 11:50 am

UFC Boss Confident GSP Will Return To Fighting

Last Friday the MMA World was caught by surprise when the long reigning UFC welterweight champion, Georges St-Pierre, announced that he was vacating his world title. During his recent stint on the UFC on FOX 9 post-fight show, UFC President, Dana White touched on the situation and promised MMA fans that GSP will return. “He...

Dec 16, 2013 10:37 am

Dana White on Nick Diaz: ‘You either want to fight, or you don’t’

“I said (to Nick Diaz), ‘What do you think about this fight [against Condit]?’ He goes, ‘I don’t like it.’ I said, ‘Well, that was quick. That was an easy conversation. You either want to fight, or you don’t want to fight. If you don’t want to fight, you can’t force a guy. There’s guys...

Dec 16, 2013 10:04 am

Condit vs. Ellenberger 2? Jake Says ‘He’s In’

Back in 2009, top UFC welterweight, Jake Ellenberger made his UFC debut against a rising Carlos Condit. The result? A split-decision defeat for Jake. With the recent welterweight shift caused by the title relinquishing Georges St-Pierre, the UFC is scrambling to put back together the top-tier of their 170 pound division. In that picture is...

Dec 14, 2013 9:35 pm

White: Nick Diaz Turned Down Carlos Condit Fight, Wants Hendricks/Lawler Winner

Former Strikeforce Welterweight Champion Nick Diaz is no stranger to controversial headlines. With the retirement of mega-star Georges St. Pierre, the UFC welterweight division’s stacked deck of cards has been shuffled. The fate of the UFC Welterweight Championship has been decided as Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler will duke it out for the vacated belt...

Dec 14, 2013 7:41 am

UFC Plans On Going In A “New Direction” With Carlos Condit

Carlos Condit, the consistently top ranking UFC welterweight, seems to have gotten the short end of the stick when Georges St. Pierre decided to relinquish his title and walk away from the sport. Although Condit lost a controversial decision to contender Johny Hendricks, and lost a competitive unanimous decision to St. Pierre, many thought Condit...

Dec 12, 2013 8:07 am

Condit Expected To Fight At UFC 170

UFC Welterweight contender Carlos Condit was originally scheduled to fight Matt Brown on the UFC on Fox 9 card. That was until Matt Brown suffered from a back injury that forced the fighter to pull from the bout. Carlos spoke of his disappointment about the withdraw in a statement released to BJPENN.COM on December 8....

Dec 12, 2013 7:58 am

Matt Brown Injury Won’t Require Surgery But Return Date Unknown

Former UFC Welterweight Interim Champion Carlos Condit was originally set to face off against welterweight contender Matt Brown this weekend during UFC on Fox 9. The event headlines a flyweight title bout between Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson and Joseph Benavidez in Sacramento, California. Unfortunately, Matt Brown was forced to withdraw from his fight against “The...

Dec 9, 2013 11:09 am

Carlos Condit Releases Statement Following Cancellation of Brown Fight

On Saturday we learned that the UFC on FOX 9 bout between Carlos Condit and Matt Brown had been scratched due to a Brown injury. Condit, through his management, released the following statement on the matter: “I was greatly disappointed to hear of Matt Brown’s injury. This was a fight that I was looking forward...

Dec 7, 2013 1:32 pm

QUICK TWITT | Matt Brown Confirms Injury, 2 Discs In Back To Blame For FOX 9 Withdrawal

We recently learned that UFC welterweight Matt Brown was forced to withdraw from his scheduled bout against Carlos Condit. On just one week’s notice this news caught many fans by surprise. Matt Brown himself just took to twitter to confirm earlier reports and explain what happened. Check it: Thanks for the support guys. I regret...

Dec 7, 2013 12:22 pm

REPORT: Matt Brown injured, withdraws from Carlos Condit fight

Just a week out from UFC on FOX 9, UFC welterweight Matt Brown has pulled out of his fight due to an injury. Brown was set to fight Carlos Condit in the what looked to be an exciting match up. Rumors of an injury started to come out on Friday but Brown did not officially...

Dec 5, 2013 8:32 am

EXCLUSIVE | Matt Brown talks upcoming fight with Condit and more

By Evan Stoumbelis Recently I was fortunate enough to interview top welterweight contender Matt “The Immortal” Brown on his upcoming fight with Carlos Condit, GSP vs. Hendricks, how he got his start in the sport and more. As always, Matt’s responses are italicized. How is training for the Condit fight going?: So far so good...

Dec 3, 2013 11:49 am

UFC on FOX 9’s Matt Brown Recounts Heroin Overdose That Lead To Near Death

“Back in the younger days when I was addicted to drugs and partying all the time,” said top-ten ranked UFC welterweight Matt Brown on the premier episode of UFC Road to the Octagon, “all I did was take that to the extreme.  Now I take something positive and take it to the extreme.  I’m still...

Nov 14, 2013 9:15 am

FREE FIGHT VIDEO | GSP vs. Carlos Condit

After taking more than a year off following a torn ACL, Georges St-Pierre returned to face interim champion Carlos “The Natural Born Killer” Condit at UFC 154. Condit exceeded expectations but still did not do enough to unseat the two-time champion.

Oct 30, 2013 12:31 pm

EXCLUSIVE | Hector Lombard Wants Condit And Kampmann in Next Fights | BJPENN.COM RADIO

“I think that Carlos Condit is high ranked, right?” said UFC welterweight fighter Hector Lombard when asked about who he wants to fight next.  “OK, I’ll take Carlos Condit then.”   By Christopher Murphy @MurphMMA   UFC welterweight fighter Hector Lombard spoke to BJPenn.com Radio recently about his MMA career to date and where he...