BJPENN COM

MMA News

Thursday, 09/26/2013, 10:40 am

Comments

Ryan Couture Released By UFC


UFC lightweight fighter, Ryan Couture, has been released from his contract with the UFC following his most recent loss.

The son of two-division champion, Randy Couture, found moderate success under the Strikeforce banner against lower level competition.

It took an acquisition of the promotion, to find his place on the UFC roster, where the fighter was unable to live up to his family name against higher level competitors.

Just 0-2 inside the Octagon, Ryan Couture lost his promotional debut via TKO to Ross Pearson in April and last month he suffered a one-sided beat down from the hands of Al Iaquinta.

comments

11 Comments to Ryan Couture Released By UFC

  1. UFC 84 Forever says:

    Fair treatment; but I think they could have given him one more chance… Hopefully he can earn an opportunity back one day; but he really isn’t that high quality a fighter (no disrespect).

  2. GRT 3000 says:

    What is all that bullshit you need to scroll past in order to make comments?! No one wants to see that nasty shit on that girls knees. I’ve noticed there is barely any comments on this Site since all of the bogus ads and links to shit blogs.

    • UFC 84 Forever says:

      Definitely part of it man; the ad revenue is pretty bogus but with an adblocker it just disappears and becomes pretty manageable again.

      Miss when this place was booming though, site’s a ghost town these days…

  3. Dolce says:

    Call me a suspicious cynic but was giving Couture someone as tough as Ross Pearson a bit of payback by Dana after the fallout with Randy. I can’t really remember when they fell out though.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>