Roy Nelson Says Belfort ‘Should Never Get a License in Las Vegas’
In a recent interview with Bloodyelbow.com, Roy Nelson talked about UFC middleweight fighter Vitor Belfort.
Belfort is coming off a huge KO win over former Strikeforce middleweight champion in Luke Rockhold with a spinning back-kick in the first round. Leading up to the fight, both Rockhold and Belfort had a lot to say about the 36-year old Brazilian fighter’s use of Testosterone Replacement Therapy.
Roy Nelson spoke on the issue Tuesday night, saying that Belfort “should never get a license in Las Vegas. The only way he can is if there’s somebody getting paid off, or whatever. The rules are the rules. If you kill somebody in Texas, you’re probably going to get the death penalty. It’s just the rules. He’s got to live with that.”
Indeed, earlier this spring, Keith Kizer of the Nevada State Athletic Commission stated that he did not “see Vitor Belfort getting a TRT exemption from us.”
“I really don’t,” Kizer reiterated, going on to say, “I feel kind of bad for him in some ways because if he has learned from his mistakes and now he’s trying to do it the right way and his levels are low with the treatment, good for him and I hope he is doing that.”
“The rules are the rules and you have to draw the line somewhere,” Kizer concluded, alluding to Belfort’s positive test for a steroid which, according to athletic commission rules, disallows his request for a Temporary Use Exemption.
97 Responses to “Roy Nelson Says Belfort ‘Should Never Get a License in Las Vegas’”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.