UFC officials recently announced that a featherweight bout between recent title challenger Ricardo Lamas (13-3 MMA, 4-1 UFC) and Hacran Dias (21-2-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) is the latest addition to next month’s ‘UFC Fight Night 44’ event in San Antonio.
Ricardo Lamas will be looking to rebound from his February title loss to longtime featherweight champion Jose Aldo. Prior to facing Aldo at UFC 169, Lamas had put together a four-fight win streak, which included octagon wins over Matt Grice, Cub Swanson, Hatsu Hioki and Erik Koch respectively.
Meanwhile, Hacran Dias will also be looking to bounce-back into the win column when he faces Lamas this June. Dias suffered a decision loss to Nik Lentz in his most recent effort at May 2013’s ‘UFC on FX 8’ event in Brazil. Prior to that, the Nova Uniao fighter scored a unanimous-decision win over Iuri Alcantara in his octagon debut.
The ‘UFC Fight Night 44’ event takes place June 28 live from San Antonio’s AT&T Center. Broadcast plans have yet to be announced, but the card is likely to be seen on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
The event is headlined by a featherweight tilt between Cub Swanson and Jeremy Stephens.
The UFC Fight Night 44 card now includes the following contests:
• Cub Swanson vs. Jeremy Stephens
• Kelvin Gastelum vs. Nicholas Musoke
• Myles Jury vs. Abel Trujillo
• Hacran Dias vs. Ricardo Lamas
• Carlos Diego Ferreira vs. Colton Smith
• Andy Enz vs. Marcelo Guimaraes
• Anthony Hamilton vs. Oleksiy Oliynyk
• Johnny Bedford vs. Rani Yahya
• Clint Hester vs. Antonio Braga Neto
• Andrew Craig vs. Cezar Ferreira
• Luiz Dutra vs. Sean Spencer
• Joe Ellenberger vs. Frank Trevino