Poll Results | Should “UFC on FOX 3: Diaz vs. Miller” Winner Get A Title Shot?
Another week gone and another BJPENN.COM poll is now down.
This week we touched on the UFC on FOX 3 main event and the implication for tomorrow night’s winner in regards to the UFC’s lightweight title picture.
UFC president Dana White has stated that with a win, Nate Diaz is all but assured a title shot should he so choose to wait out the winner of Bendo vs. Edgar II. However the UFC boss stopped short of offering the same kind of incentives to Jim Miller during this week’s lead up to fight night.
We took to our polls this week to find out what our loyal following here on BJPENN.COM thinks of the situation.
On one hand you have Jim Miller who started his UFC career with a seven-fight win streak. To date his only defeats have come at the hands on current champion Benson Henderson, former champ Frankie Edgar and division stand out Gray Maynard.
On the other hand you have Nate Diaz. A fan favorite who has looked masterful since returning to the UFC’s lightweight division, but who holds an unimpressive 3-3 record out of his last 6 lightweight appearances.
On paper it would seem as if Miller is more deserving, but Nate is a man who hasn’t fought either of the two men getting ready to clash this summer for the title.
At the end of the day, it’s the UFC’s decision, but as far as the poll is concerned the results were really one-sided.
80.3% of you believe that the winner of tomorrow night’s main event deserves a crack against the Bendo vs. Edgar II winner and the other 19.7% didn’t think so.
Thank you for participating and stay tuned next week for the latest polling here on BJPENN.COM.
Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.