Warning: include_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\bjpenn\public_html/analyticstracking.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bjpenn/public_html/wp-content/themes/BJPENN/header.php on line 241 Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'C:\xampp\htdocs\bjpenn\public_html/analyticstracking.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/home/bjpenn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/background-manager/vendor/OAuth/lib') in /home/bjpenn/public_html/wp-content/themes/BJPENN/header.php on line 241

MMA News

Saturday, 06/09/2012, 10:15 am

Poll Results: Should Condit be waiting for GSP? | UFC NEWS

This week we took to our polls once again. This time it was to get public opinion on the state of the welterweight division.

With champion, Georges St. Pierre, out of action with a knee injury the UFC opted to put up an interim title in his absence.

After a five-round battle earlier this year Carlos Condit was able to secure the interim strap in his victory over Nick Diaz.

In typical circumstances and interim title is put up when the champion is out of action and this keeps the division and its contenders flowing through in the champ’s absence. However Condit has decided to sit on the shelf without a defense of his title and wait for GSP to rehab his injury.

In this week’s poll we wanted to know if you guys thought this was the right decision and after tabulating the results it is clear that the public is in strong favor of keeping Condit active.

This was literally our most lop sided poll ever.

82.6% of voters believe that Condit should not be waiting for GSP while the other 17.4% think he is making the right choice.

Thank you to all who participated, stay tuned to BJPENN.COM for the next weekly poll to be released on Monday!