ONE FC 13 Results: Oishi KO’s Banario to retain Featherweight strap
ONE FC 13, also known as “ONE FC: Moment of Truth,” took place yesterday live from MOA Arena in Manila, Philippines.
The packed crowd in attendance were treated to a night of thrilling fights, which culminated in a much anticipated rematch between the Philippines’ first ever MMA world champion Honorio Banario (8-3 MMA), taking on rating ONE FC Featherweight champion Koji Oishi (25-9-10 MMA) in the evenings main event.
The Oishi vs. Banario rematch started slowly, as both fighters proved very tentative in the opening round. However, in the second round, Oishi was able to put together some combinations, which resulted in a few significant strikes landed.
As theÂ third round began, it was clear thatÂ Oishi’s strategy was to push the pace andÂ engage Banario more often. As a result,Â heÂ was able to land aÂ right hand that staggered Banario, and a second which sent him crashing to the floor. Oishi followed that upÂ with more punches from the top,Â before the ref stopped the bout at the 1:43 mark of the third-round. With the win, Oishi not only retained his ONE FC featherweight title,Â but alsoÂ extended his unbeaten streak to five, going 4-0-1 in that stretch.
The co-main event featured 2 of ONE FC’s best bantamweight fighters, as Kevin Belingon took on undefeated mixed martial artistÂ Dave Aranda. TheÂ pair ofÂ 135ers engaged quickly, exchanging punches in the center of the cage.Â
About half way through the opening round, Belingon (12-3 MMA) was able to land a vicious left hook, which sent Aranda (9-1 MMA) crashing to the canvas. The lossÂ served asÂ Aranda’s firstÂ career defeat.Â
CEO of ONE Fighting Championship, Victor Cui, made the following statementÂ after the event:
“‘ONE FC: MomentÂ ofÂ Truth’ was a monumental night for ONE FC and caps off a record-breaking 2013. The audience in the MOA Arena was on the edge of their seats the entire night as they witnessed jaw-dropping knockouts and slick submissions. You will not believe what we have lined up for 2014 and I can’t wait to share the exciting news in the near future!”
Here are your completeÂ ONE FC 13 results:
- Koji Oishi def. Honorio Banario via knockout (punches) â€“ Round 3, 1:43 â€“ RetainsÂ ONE FC Featherweight title
- Kevin Belingon def. David Aranda Santacana via knockout (punch) â€“ Round 1, 2:53
- Eduard Folayang def. Vincent Latoel via unanimous decision
- Vuyisile Colossa def. Caros Fodor via unanimous decision
- Geje Eustaquio def. Eugene Toquero via unanimous decision
- Dae Hwan Kim def. Thanh Vu via submission (rear-naked choke) â€“ Round 1, 4:10
- Paul Cheng def. Alain Ngalani via submission (punches) â€“ Round 1, 4:54
- Koetsu Okazaki def. Josh Alvarez via submission (rear-naked choke) â€“ Round 2, 3:13
- Ruel Catalan def. Khim Dima via TKO (punches) â€“ Round 1, 3:35
- Herbert Burns def. Edward Kelly via submission (rear-naked choke) â€“ Round 1, 0:44
Stay tuned to bjpenn.com for further ONE FC news as it becomes available.