Two lightweights have been added to May’s UFC 173.
Anthony Njokuani (16-7) will face Vinc Pichel (8-1), UFC officials announced Tuesday.
Njokuani KO’d Roger Bowling at UFC on FOX 7 in April 2013. An injury forced him off UFC Fight Night 30.
At 2012’s TUF 16 Finale, Pichel suffered a KO loss at the hands of Rustam Khabilov in the first round for the first loss of his career. The “TUF 15” alum took some time away before he came back in January to earn a decision victory over Garrett Whiteley at UFC Fight Night 35.
UFC 173 takes place May 24 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card, which features middleweight champion Chris Weidman against Lyoto Machida, will air on pay-per-view with prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
UFC 173 looks like:
- Champ Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida for middleweight title
- Junior dos Santos vs. Stipe Miocic
- Chris Holdsworth vs. Kyung Ho Kang
- Doo Ho Choi vs. Sam Sicilia
- James Krause vs. Jamie Varner
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Takeya Mizugaki
- Anthony Njokuani vs. Vinc Pichel
- Mitch Clarke vs. Al Iaquinta
- Michael Chiesa vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Tony Ferguson vs. Katsunori Kikuno
- Yves Edwards vs. Piotr Hallmann