BJPENN COM

MMA News

Tuesday, 01/14/2014, 10:15 am

Nate Diaz: “I’m not waiting for a title shot. I’ll fight tomorrow”

Just this past weekend UFC President Dana white took to twitter claiming that not only could he not find an opponent for undefeated Russian Khabib Nurmagomedov, but Stockon’s tough as nails, Nate Diaz, turned the fight down.

Diaz immediately called out Dana saying he’s “full of shit”. Diaz’s Manager, Mike Kogan, was quick to defend his fighter, saying that “Nate has never turned down a fight against anyone”, and the UFC simply did not meet the conditions that they asked for so the fight simply didn’t happen.

“We asked for a change to his contract, and changes to when the fight takes place. They said no and we said no thanks.” stated Kogan.

Kogan began to make claims that Diaz was holding out for a fight against Anthony Pettis when he returns after he recovers from his injury. However, Diaz stated on twitter yesterday that wasn’t the case at all saying that he’ll “fight tomorrow”.

This is probably a good decision by Diaz, considering he is nowhere near title contingency. The last time he took a shot at the belt he was handled by then 155lbs champ, Ben Henderson. He has gone 1-1 in the Octagon since then. He was knocked out for the first time in his career by the very talented Josh Thomson, and pulled off a fantastic knockout of his own against rival, Gray Maynard.

Niether Khabib nor Diaz have an opponent for their next bout, although Michael Johnson has offered himself up for either fight.

Stay tuned to BJPenn.com for all the latest in MMA News!

comments