UFC officials recently announced that a lightweight bout between Strikeforce import Isaac Vallie-Flagg (13-3-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and the “Thugjitsu Master” Yves Edwards (42-18-1 UFC, 10-6 UFC) has been added to UFC 156 in Las Vegas.
Flagg enters the UFC on the heels of back-to-back split-decision wins over the Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante and Brian Melancon under the Strikeforce banner. The Jackson Submission Fighting product, Flagg, is currently riding a 10-fight win-streak.
Meanwhile, Edwards makes a quick return to the cage, this after earning a “Knockout of the Night” victory over Jeremy Stephens at December’s UFC on FOX 5 event in Seattle. Since returning to the UFC in September of 2010, the “Thugjitsu Master” has gone 4-2 in the promotion.
UFC 156 takes place February 2nd at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event is headlined by a featherweight title fight between current champ Jose Aldo and former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar.
The latest UFC 156 card looks as follows:
- Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar – Featherweight title fight
- Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva
- Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia
- Evan Dunham vs. Gleison Tibau
- Bobby Green vs. Jacob Volkmann
- Edwin Figueroa vs. Francisco Rivera
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall
- Jay Hieron vs. Tyron Woodley
- Yves Edwards vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg