In recent weeks UFC menace and self proclaimed ‘bad guy,’ Chael Sonnen, has been antagonizing Wanderlei Silva via every medium possible. Since Sonnen issued his challenge to Silva last month following his loss to Jon Jones, Wanderlei had yet to issue a response officially. That is until this past Tuesday on UFC Tonigt where correspondent Ariel Helwani gave a message to Chael from Silva himself, saying Silva wants to, ‘suck his blood,’ and ‘hurt him,’ going on to call Sonnen a ‘joke.’
While the thought of a man nicknamed ‘The Axe Murderer’ drinking another mans blood for the sake of our entertainment is appeasing at first glance, the harsh reality is that the match-up has yet to be put together by the UFC. In what would certainly be a grudge match for the ages, Wanderlei says he has yet to be contacted and the former Pride middleweight champion had plenty more to say about Sonnen.
Wanderlei told ESPN this week, “I’m training right now and waiting. I have a guy asking are you going to accept a challenge — man, nobody has contacted me officially. The boss don’t call me, so I’m waiting. The probability I knock out Chael Sonnen is very big. Man, everybody knows his game. He is never going to take me down and I’m going to break his nose with my knee.” While the UFC has yet to make anything official, rumors surfaced in recent weeks that the two men could face-off at UFC on FOX Sports 1 in Boston this August. Regardless of when, this fight should happen simply on the fact that both Wanderlei and Sonnen would be able to rake in the ratings.
What does Penn Nation think? Should the UFC make this fight happen? Will Wanderlei end Sonnen with a trademark Muay Thai knee?
For more on the beef between Wanderlei and Chael click here.
The latest and greatest in MMA and UFC news can always be found at BJPenn.comChael Sonnen, Chael Sonnen calls out Wanderlei Silva, featured, jon jones, MMA NEWS, the axe murderer, ufc news, ufc tonight, Wanderlei Silva, Wanderlei Silva Responds to Sonnen, Wanderlei Silva vs Chael Sonnen