The California State Athletic Commission distributed the list of UFC on FOX 1 medical suspensions this afternoon and among the suspended fighters is main event competitor and former champion Cain Velasquez.
Cain was suspended for 45 days for precautionary reasons after his TKO defeat to Dos Santos.
UFC on Fox 1 took place last night from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. In the main event of the evening Junior Dos Santos upset Cain Velasquez to become the new UFC heavyweight champion of the world.
The fight lasted just 64 seconds and ended with a knockout of Cain Velasquez live on FOX TV.
In preliminary action Benson Henderson was able to outpoint Clay Guida in an exciting, fast paced three round affair to earn the number one contender seat in the UFC’s lightweight division. He will now face Frankie Edgar for the UFC’s lightweight title in a yet to be announced UFC event in 2012 expected to go down in Japan. Neither Henderson nor Guida where suspended as a result of their three round brawl.
Three fighters received 180 suspensions which serve as the lengthiest received as a result of last weekend’s fight card. “Kid” Yamamoto, Aaron Rosa and Paul Bradley will all need medical clearance if they hope to return before their six-month suspensions are up.
The full list of UFC on FOX suspensions includes:
• Cain Velasquez: Suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for TKO loss
• Clay Harvison: Suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for TKO loss
• Norifumi Yamamoto: Suspended 180 days with 180 days no contact due to possible left-finger fracture; can be cleared early by a physician
• Darren Uyenoyama: Suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact due to left-eye laceration
• Mackens Semerzier: Suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact due to scalp lacerations; suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for precautionary reasons
• Paul Bradley: Suspended 180 days with 180 days no contact due to possible left-elbow fracture; can be cleared early by a physician
• Aaron Rosa: Suspended 180 days with 180 days no contact due to a possible left-wrist fracture; can be cleared early by a physician
Tags: featured, MMA NEWS, Strikeforce, strikeforce news, ufc jon jones surgery, ufc news