UFC NEWS – Poll Results: Did Yamasaki make the right call in UFC 142′s Silva vs. Prater Fight?

January 20, 2012 11:00 am by Pedro Carrasco

In our most recent polling here at BJPENN.COM we touched on last weekend’s UFC 142 controversy surrounding Mario Yamasaki’s decision to rule the Silva vs. Prater bout a disqualification.

In the bout, Silva was able to drop his opponent with a knee strike to the body and swarmed on him with punches which halted the bout in just 29 seconds of the very first round.

After some confusion, Mario Yamasaki announced that Silva had been disqualified for illegal strikes and awarded the victory to the downed Prater.

In our poll, 2,722 of you cast your votes and the majority decided that Yamasaki did not make the right call.

In our lopsided results 74.4% (2,025 votes) thought that Silva was robbed of victory and Yamasaki made the wrong call. On the other end of the spectrum the remaining 25.6% (697 votes) thought that the ref made the right call and the disqualification was warranted.

Oddly enough, despite our one-side polling of this issue, it was announced last night that after careful review, the UFC is not overturning the decision of Yamasaki and the DQ stands. So in this case, the UFC agrees with our 25.6% voters who chose that the decision Yamasaki made was the right call.

Click here for the latest UFC coverage provided by BJPENN.COM

Tags: , , , , ,

About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise with us

For all advertising inquiries click here.

About us

Please contact us for all website inquiries.