UFC officials have put together another matchup for their year end show set to go down on Dec. 30 in Las Vegas and it comes in the form of a featherweight showdown between Nam Phan and Jim Hettes.
UFC 141 is set to take place on Dec. 30 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The end-of-year pay-per-view event will feature a five-round non-title fight between former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and newly signed heavyweight stand-out Alistair Overeem.
After an impressive stint on “The Ultimate Fighter 12” Phan now enters this UFC 141 matchup on the heels of his first official UFC win. After making a debut against Leonard Garcia that he lost in a controversial decision, he took on former divisional champion Mike Brown and suffered the same fate. As luck would have it, the UFC brought him back for a shot at redemption against Garcia and he made the best of it and earned a lopsided unanimous decision victory. The win most likely saved his career inside the Octagon.
Hettes is a lesser known fighter who is coming in off a successful UFC debut at UFC on Versus 5 where he submitted Alex Caceres. He brings in an unblemished 9-0 pro MMA record and has won all of those contests by submission.
The latest UFC 141 card now includes:
• Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem
• Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz
• Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks
• Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
• Manny Gamburyan vs. Diego Nunes
• Junior Assuncao vs. Ross Pearson
• Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson
• T.J. Grant vs. Jacob Volkmann
• Ramsey Nijem vs. Anthony Njokuani
• Jim Hettes vs. Nam Phan
• Luis Ramos vs. Matt Riddle