UFC 157 takes place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. on Feb. 23. The main event will feature Ronda Rousey versus Liz Carmouche who will fight for a title for the women’s bantamweight title.
Because Manny Gamburyan was injured and forced out of his fight bout with Chad Mendes the UFC replaced them with Burrell versus Villefort.
With both men coming off losses in Strikeforce last May, each fighter is looking for a win in their UFC debut.
Burrell (8-2) lost his last fight against Chris Spang via technical knockout at 3 minutes and 25 seconds in the first round after a six-win fight streak. Villefort (6-1) lost against Quinn Mulhern via split decision also after a six-fight win streak.
The preliminary bout between Burrell and Villefort will air on Facebook at 6:30 p.m. eastern time before the main event on pay-per-view.
Main card (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche – for women’s bantamweight title
- Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
- Ivan Menjivar vs. Urijah Faber
- Court McGee vs. Josh Neer
- Robbie Lawler vs. Josh Koscheck
Preliminary card (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Brendan Schaub vs. Lavar Johnson
- Michael Chiesa vs. Anton Kuivanen
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Matt Grice
- Caros Fodor vs. Sam Stout
Preliminary Card (Facebook, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Nan-Shon Burrell vs. Yuri Villefort
- Brock Jardine vs. Kenny Robertson
- Neil Magny vs. Jon Manley