By: Chris Taylor
A welterweight clash between Rick Story (14-5 MMA, 7-3 UFC) and Demian Maia (16-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) has been added to UFC 153, which takes place October 13th at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Story is coming off a unanimous decision victory over Brock Jardine, a bout which took place at UFC on FX 4 in Atlantic City, N.J. That win came after Story had suffered back to back losses against Charlie Brenneman at UFC on Versus 4 in June 2011 and Martin Kampmann at UFC 139 this past November.
Maia is coming off a quick victory at UFC 148 last month in Las Vegas. In that bout, which was his welterweight debut, Maia stopped Dong Hyun Kim in a mere 47 seconds. He slammed Kim, causing an injury to the Korean fighter, which in turn gave him the TKO victory.
After sequential wins over Mario Miranda and Kendall Grove, Maia lost 2 of his next 3 bouts, suffering losses to both Mark Munoz and Chris Weidman. Those losses promted the middleweight veteran to drop down to the welterweight division, where he is now 1-0.
The UFC 153 fight card now includes:
- Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch (Featherweight title fight)
- Alan Belcher vs. Vitor Belfort
- Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira
- Rony “Jason” Mariano Bezerra vs. Sam Sicilia
- Cezar “Mutante” Ferreira vs. TBA
- Sergio Moraes vs. Renee Forte
- Reza Madadi vs. Cristiano Marcello
- Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva
- Diego Brandao vs. Joey Gambino
- Demian Maia vs. Rick Story
Tags: demian Maia, Rick Story, UFC 153, ufc news