Scott Coker addresses the future of Kimbo Slice in Bellator

September 28, 2015 3:13 pm
Kimbo Slice Bellator 138

Fedor Emelianenko caught the mixed martial arts world off guard when he announced he would be making his return to the sport in a new Japanese based promotion rather than UFC or Bellator. While details surrounding his fight have yet to be revealed, fans have been clamoring about who “The Last Emperor” will be stepping into the ring with.

While it has not been announced, it was expected that there will be a brief talent exchange for the New Year’s Eve show where Fedor will be making his return. Of course, Kimbo Slice’s name was one of the first to pop up but Bellator’s Scott Coker was quick to rule that one out, claiming he has other plans for the former UFC fighter.

“No, no. Kimbo is a Bellator fighter,” Coker said while on the MMA Hour. “We have other plans for Kimbo.” Slice made his debut in the promotion earlier this year when he defeated Ken Shamrock after almost getting submitted in the first round. The heavyweight division is Bellator’s weakest right now, and Slice could be in for a major year in 2016.

“We’re going to fight [Kimbo Slice] early next year,” Coker said. “And I think next year, you’re going to see Kimbo Slice fight three times in Bellator.”

While no opponents have been named for Slice, it is expected that he could be facing the winner of Bobby Lashley vs. James Thompson. Who do you think Slice has a better chance of beating? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!

About BJPENN.com

Shouted out after victory to the UFC masses, BJPENN.COM is the home to multiple time champion BJ Penn. After a decade of on-line operation BJPENN.COM has evolved into the most reliable destination for all your fighter interviews, fighter blogs and MMA/UFC news stories.

Advertise wtih us

Please contact us for all advertising inquiries.