UFC officials announced this morning that a light heavyweight bout between Ryan Jimmo (19-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and Ovince St. Preux (15-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC) is the latest addition to June’s UFC 174 event in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Ryan “Big Deal” Jimmo was most recently seen in action at April’s ‘TUF Nations Finale’ event in Quebec City, where he scored a first-round knockout victory over Sean O’Connell. The knockout win earned the Canadian a “Performance of the night” bonus worth a cool $50k. Since joining the UFC ranks in 2012, Jimmo has alternated between wins and losses going 3-2 under the Zuffa banner. He made his octagon debut back in July of 2012 at UFC 149 in Calgary, where he starched Anthony Perosh with a 7-second first-round knockout.
Meanwhile, Ovince St. Preux was most recently seen in action at March’s UFC 171 event in Dallas, where he earned a first-round submission win over Nikita Krylov. That victory earned OSP a “Performance of the night” bonus, worth a solid $50k. Prior to his victory over Krylov, St. Preux defeated Cody Donovan via first-round knockout at the “UFC Fight Night 26” event in Boston.
UFC 174 takes place June 16 live from Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The event is headlined by a flyweight title fight featuring champ Demetrious Johnson taking on challenger Ali Bagautinov.
UFC 174 now includes the following contests:
- Demetrious Johnson vs. Ali Bagautinov – UFC flyweight title fight
- Rory MacDonald vs. Tyron Woodley
- Ryan Bader vs. Rafael Cavalcante
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Brendan Schaub
- Kiichi Kunimoto vs. Daniel Sarafian
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Ovince St. Preux
- Mike Easton vs. Yves Jabouin
- Kajan Johnson vs. Tae Hyun Bang
- Roland Delorme vs. Michinori Tanaka
- Germaine de Randamie vs. Milana Dudieva