On Wednesday afternoon, The Canadian Press announced the addition of light heavyweights Ryan Bader and Rafael Cavalcante to the UFC 174 card. UFC 174 will be taking place on June 14 at the Rogers Area in Vancouver, and while the card is not yet complete, it is anticipated that Bader vs. Cavalcante will be a part of the main card.
Ryan Bader (16-4) is coming off of a decision win over Anthony Perosh back in December that was a much-needed rebound from a 1-2 stint in the octagon.
Rafael Cavalcante (12-4) is coming off of a submission win due to strikes over Igor Pokrajac at UFC Fight Night 32. Every one of his victories so far has come via strikes in his career. This is going to be Cavalcante’s third fight in the Octagon.
The card for UFC 174 currently looks like this:
• Champ Demetrious Johnson vs. Ali Bagautinov – for flyweight title
• Rory MacDonald vs. Tyron Woodley
• Ryan Bader vs. Rafael Cavalcante
• Kiichi Kunimoto vs. Daniel Sarafian
• Mike Easton vs. Yves Jabouin
• Roland Delorme vs. Michinori Tanaka
• Kajan Johnson vs. Tae Hyun Bang